Not sure where the time has gone! I am writing this from Chapel Hill, NC, on New Year’s Eve. Our family of 7 has been together for over two weeks-a rare treat, and the last few days we were joined by Sara’s fiancé. Caleb Jr has just left for the airport; he starts the slow but steady departure of our family onto divergent paths-Kenya, Rwanda, and Wheaton, with Sara being the last one to leave, after a medical school interview. This year, we give thanks for:
- Our having spent 14 years in Rwanda
- The time I had for teaching Rwanda medical students and residents, and now for a few months of sabbatical
- For the progress Caleb has made in his hydropower projects
- For good schooling for our children in Rwanda, Kenya and at Wheaton
- For Sara’s engagement and her acceptance into a medical school
- For a peaceful election in Rwanda in August
- For the children we have helped in Rwanda, and for their continued growth spiritually and physically
- For being part of the lives of so many Rwandans, even when it pulls us in many directions-being godparents, mentors, Bible study leaders, and parents
- For all the generous donations which have enabled us to serve in Rwanda.
We read in church today from Ecclesiastes 3: 11a: He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart. We pray that in 2018 you will see that God makes everything beautiful in its time, and that you will feel the Eternity that He has set in your heart.
For those wanting to make a donation before the year’s end, you can donate online at bridge2rwanda, and scroll down to King Family or King Education ministry or send a check to Bridge2Rwanda, PMB#322, 1818 N. Taylor St, Little Rock, Arkansas 72207.